When you sign up for our services, you, “the Customer,” are signing a contract with us:
2M Editing, VAT registration number IT03952660920. Fiscal address: 2, Via M. L. King, 09037 San Gavino Monreale (SU), ITALY. Phone: +39 3476702304, e-mail: email@example.com
hereinafter referred to as “the Editor”
Object of the contract
What is described in this contract represents the general conditions and the description of the services offered by the Editor to the Customer in compliance with the laws in force.
- This contract covers a free editing service offered by the Editor to a limited number of Customers.
- After providing his/her e-mail address, the Customer will receive with a web address leading to a Google form that will allow him/her to upload the document to be edited by the Editor. The delivery of the finished work will take place in 5-10 business days depending on the length of the manuscript and is intended as from the moment when the Customer has provided the materials.
- The type of service provided by the Editor for the purpose of the present contract is PREMIUM PROOFREADING. Briefly, the document is checked to correct mistakes in language, grammar, and punctuation. Clarity and readability are improved. The final document will be written in correct English language. In addition, a critical review of the text is provided, with suggestions to improve its style and impact. Instructive comments are added to explain the edits and provide tips to improve one’s writing skills.
- Editing will be performed on documents containing a maximum of 2000 words. For longer texts, the Customer should purchase an editing service. This can be done by requesting a quotation here.
Any further changes and/or interventions of any kind, during or after the supply of the service, not included in the contract, will be quoted according to the prices in use by the Editor at the time of the request.
Confidentiality and rights
- The documents covered by this contract are the property of the Customer valid in all respects. The Customer authorizes the Editor to view the entire content of the documents for the only purpose of providing the services covered by this contract. The Editor does not acquire any intellectual property on the Customer’s documents following the supply of the services.
- The Editor undertakes to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding the contents of the documents provided by the Customer. The documents will not be transmitted to third parties, disclosed, discussed, or made public in any way.
- Documents will be stored on a password-protected server, to which only and exclusively the Editor has access.
- The documents provided by the Customer will be stored in the Editor’s server for the time necessary to complete the work and to allow the Customer to download the finalized documents (60 days from the time when a confirmation e-mail is sent by the Editor with the necessary information for the Customer to collect the completed work). At the end of this period, the documents will be permanently deleted from the server.
- By uploading a document to our servers, you declare that you are its proprietor and that you hold the rights to its distribution. Any violation of copyright will be deemed the sole responsibility of the Customer. Should a violation of copyright become apparent, the Editor reserves the right to refuse to work on said documents and warn the authorities.
Personal data processing
The personal data requested and collected during communications between the parties, in compliance with the Privacy Law n. 675 of 1996 and of Legislative Decree n. 196 of 2003 “Code regarding the protection of personal data”:
- are collected and processed electronically and / or mechanically for the purpose of activating and maintaining the procedures for the execution of the requested services for the Customer, as well as maintaining a private customer archive;
- may be processed by the Editor in charge of the performance of the requested services;
- may be communicated to third parties delegated by the Editor to carry out activities necessary only for the execution of the stipulated contract, but in no other case transferred, sold, or bartered;
- may be used by the Editor to for marketing purposes to make the Customer aware of the Editor’s services and possible discounts in place.
The Customer has the right, at any time, to request the modification or cancellation of his/her stored personal data as described above by sending such request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any dispute not resolved amicably, the Law Court of Cagliari (Italy) will be exclusively competent on the matter.
The Customer enjoys all rights under the aforementioned Laws and Legislative Decree, and the regulations in force at the time of signature. Pursuant to and for the purposes of Articles 1341 and 1342 of the Italian Civil Code, by accepting this contract, you declare to have been informed of each part of it, aware of your rights, and to accept of all terms.